Interesting New Year Traditions Around the World!
If celebrating the New Year day with family and friends is your way, then there are many other ways to celebrate the big day.
• Spread love and good luck with near and dear ones by breaking dishes on their house doors and celebrate New Year the Denmark way. They also jump from the chairs hoping that will bring good luck.
• As clock strikes 12 eat 12 grapes and wish for good luck, just like how the Spanish do.
• Don’t forget to pack a colorful underwear, if you’re planning to celebrate the New Year in South America. In South American countries, it is believed that wearing red underwear on New Year eve will bring love, gold will bring wealth and white will bring peace.
• In Switzerland, they celebrate New Year by dropping a scoop of ice cream on the floor.
• Don’t forget to toss coins into the river, when you visit Romania on New Year Day. It’s believed to bring good luck.
• Take humanity to next level, just like the Belgium farmers, and wish the cattle on the New Year day.
• Love pancakes? Visit France. The French celebrates New Year by eating a stack of pancakes.
• If you wish to travel across the globe, celebrate New Year day the Columbian way. They carry a suitcase around wishing for an active year.
• In Chile, they take being with loved ones too seriously and spend the night with the deceased in a cemetery.
• Symbolically, South Africans get rid of the past by throwing old furniture out of the window.
At Etail Labs to we have a tradition too. We strive to bring in process improvements every year to improve the Client Satisfaction Index. Continual improvement and progress is our way of celebrating New Year!