‘Did You Know’ Facts about eCommerce That’ll Make You Go WoW..!
Shopping online is THE TREND! Whether you love shopping online or an ecom business owner, you may know how online shopping works but did you know the facts below:
- Did you know Michael Aldrich? He is the God Father of online shopping who invented online transaction processing between consumers and businesses, which later became eCommerce.
- Did you know that apparel is the top-selling category online? By 2019, it’s predicted that it will contribute to sales figure of whopping $83 billion.
- Ordering food online has become very common these days! But, did you know that Pizza Hut was the first to initiate online ordering in 1994?
- If your website is not yielding desirable results, don’t fret! Did you know, the retail giant, Amazon started making profit only in 2003, which is after 8 years after it was started?
- Did you know people prefer mobiles and tablets over laptops and desktops for online shopping?
- Social Media play a powerful role on modifying consumer behavior. Did you know 46% of consumers count on social media when buying online?
- If you’re an ecom business owner, then this fact is just for you! Customer retention is the key to success. Did you know it is seven times more expensive to get a new customer than to retain an existing one?
- Did you know that an happy customer share their great shopping experience with 9 people, but an unhappy one share their bad experience with 22 people on an average? So, keeping customers happy is, indeed, essential!
- On the positive side, did you know that 70% of customers who complained about your product or service are more likely to continue doing business with you, if you resolve the issue in their favor?
- Compulsory registration is the business killer! Did you know that people abandon their shopping cart if a website asks them to register? The best way is to allow consumers complete shopping as a guest.
Last but not the least? Did you know that you can measure the quality of your product pages? Yes, you can actually quantify the quality of your website pages through a logical and scientific approach. Wondering how? Just get in touch with us!